Well, I've been talking with a certain Canadian friend on the IRC. He said he's been pro-Israeli until the tension in the North started. After Lebanon was devastated he concluded that "Israel was bad" and that the Hizbullah were therefore noble freedom-fighters.
I realise it's human nature to assume that if someone is doing something bad, then the one who opposes him is noble. But reality is often more complicated than that. The purpose of this entry is not to protect Israel, but rather to bring some facts about Hizbullah that will prove they are anything but noble, and certainly not freedom fighters.
- The Hizbullah operate out of civilian residences. Thus, they realise the Israeli retaliation will harm civilians. If they cared about the well-being of the Lebanese civilians, they would have isolated themselves from them as much as possible.
- The Hizbullah started the war.
- The Hizbullah shoot misslies at Haifa, and at other cities and towns well within the territorial Israel. Many of these missilies contain small metal balls that are meant to spread around and harm people.
- They identify themselves as Muslims. Islam is a religion, and everything that is a religion or identifies itself as such is harmful and destructive.
- The Hizbullah do not fight against the Syrian occupation of Lebanon. If they are indeed freedom fighters, why aren't they doing exactly that?
- The Hizbullah are controlled by Iran (which have been supporting a lot of terrorist activities against Israeli and Western targets), and are acting under the supervision of Syria (which has been hosting many terrorists).
- The Hizbullah are one of the most popular charities in the Isalmic world. Many Muslims suffer from hunger, mal-nutrition or sub-standard conditions, and yet the Hizbullah still receives a lot of donations.
- The Hizbullah kidnapped several Israeli soldiers. They did not let the Red Cross visit them, the whereabouts of some of them are unknown, and three of them were returned dead..
I'll let you draw your own conclusions. For more insights about the Hizbullah and similar issues consult my story "The Enemy and How I Helped to Fight it".
- Current Location:Home
- Current Mood: energetic
- Current Music:Tom Petty - Free Falling